Saturday, October 12, 2013

L.L.I. hasn't met my baby

 3 a.m. musings after over-feeding Little Tea Leaf tonight, and cleaning up/wearing the results:

Things LLI is wrong about

Or

False BF maxims

Or

Things you hear all the time as fact that are not *always* true

In regards to babies and breastfeeding:

You most certainly CAN over feed a BF baby

Sometimes you NEED to watch the clock and NOT your baby (for instance, when they continue to head bang your chest for more milk after nursing so long already)

Pacifiers can be GOOD and do NOT necessarily cause "nipple confusion" (we had a good latch from the start, a pacifier hasn't interfered w our BF) they help satisfy a full baby who just wants to suck!  We waited so long to introduce one that he almost wouldn't take it. So happy he takes one now - he is a calmer happier baby as a result.  In fact, after putting him down he was fussing and after giving him the paci he's quiet and in dreamland (I hope)!

Bottles can also be GOOD - sometimes baby and Mom need a break!

Holding a baby upright for 20-30" after a feeding doesn't always help keep it down, sometimes it's just as well to put them back down after 5-10" or right away if they've burped



things that are true:

Have snax ready by your glider 
Nomnomnom

The exhaustion
Is
No joke!  You get thru it tho!

The body really is amazing.  

The puke is worth it.  

I love my baby.  :)

<3



2 comments:

  1. Definitely agree on the overfeeding and snacks by the glider. This morning I consumed almost an entire box or oreos while my baby poured milk all over me. Oreos go with milk, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the overfeeding observation. My daughter would overfeed to try and soothe her severe reflux (actual dx not a mommy assessment).

    ReplyDelete