Friday, February 8, 2013

vendredi

There's our little bebe!

Sorry to take so long for a recap of Tuesday's appointment.  I guess it's a good thing I woke up so early this morning, now I have time to write!  Thank you so much for all your good wishes for this appointment.  I was super nervous, but everything went well!

Our little one was being stubborn and it took about an hour to get the NT measurements.  The tech tried 3 times, had me lay on my side, drink more water, rock my hips, and punctuated all of this by thumping on my stomach a lot.  But in the end she got the measurements and they were within normal range.  It was kinda nice that it took a while, because we got to have more "screen time" with our baby.  :)  The little hands and legs were waving around, and it was overall pretty amazing.  We listened to the HB for a little bit too.

Then I had blood drawn (only one tube of blood, yay!) and then the doctor's appointment.   She answered my 87 questions and then we heard the baby's heartbeat again.  After listening to the HB of 160, as a joke she said "My guess is girl!  I have a 50/50 chance of being right."  We thought that was really funny, I guess that's a good line.  I don't have to take progesterone anymore, I'm allowed to exercise and am off pelvic rest.  She still doesn't recommend running.  Although I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed because I'm tortoise speed right now anyways.  I was glad the hubby could come and see the u/s and meet the doctor.  Plus I was glad he could be there because I was nervous as all get out.  They said it would be a while with my b/w, but since the u/s went well, I was really reassured and relieved by this appointment.   I feel like this is a huge milestone we have passed! 

When I got home my Gap maternity order was waiting for me on the doorstep.  Sweet.  Maternity jeans are pretty amazeballs, and I don't think I'll be going back much if at all. 

Thinking of all of you and sending good vibes.   

4 comments:

  1. Look at that sweet little baby! Congrats on a good appointment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that picture is perfection! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm so glad your appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete