Friday, February 1, 2013

ahh

I got some drugs Wednesday and am finally on the mend!  Thank you for the feel better vibes.  I was really at my wits end.  Now I just need to catch up around here... and am counting down the days until our N/T scan on Tuesday.

In the meantime I've made some connections and am finally going to play some chamber music!  An old acquaintance from conservatory hooked me up with some good players who I will meet next week.  We'll be working on the Brahms piano quintet, a dream piece for me.  A couple years ago I played a two-piano version of it, this will be even better.  I am very rusty and nervous and excited, wish me luck!  

Here is an excellent recording of the piece (1st mvt, there are 4) from the Takács quartet.  I had coachings with them in my undergrad.  They are such intense individuals and incredibly talented, but remained approachable and never took themselves too seriously.  Love people like that.  I normally like videos where you can watch the players, but this is pretty cool.




2 comments:

  1. Yay for feeling better!

    I'm sure you have mentioned this some where but what do you play again? I'm sure you will knock them dead even if there is a little rust =P (I doubt you're that rusty though!) It is a very beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the piece. Isn't it awesome? I'm a pianist. Thanks for the good vibes! :)

      Delete