Friday, November 23, 2012

balance



Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!   The holiday that is basically centered around lack of balance, ah...

Today in the aftermath, I went for a run for the first time in about 2 months and it was great! I went with the hubby, and always push myself more when I'm with him.  He is so kind to slow down for me.  It was definitely more of a jog than a run, and there was definitely still some walking involved.  The "easy hill" was not so easy today! 

However, as they say, we lapped everyone on the couch.  ;)

TTC wise, I have taken a huge step back, so if I don't write about it as much, that is why.  Right after our loss I went a little even more nutso trying to do everything perfectly.  Then last cycle I dialed back the cray, mostly because I knew we'd miss my FW due to travel.  It was a little strange great to get a break from the 2WW despite the odd phantom symptoms I still had

This cycle I have taken it down another notch, anti-Emeril style.  I stopped temping, charting CM, and after (an overly long) AF I stopped entering things into FF.  I guess I feel a little guilty, like I need to justify this step back, but it has been a huge relief and I think I needed this break. 

The way I see it, every time I've charted, I ovulate (according to the signs) around the same time.  We have sex at least EOD during my FW and ~EOD the rest of the time.  But here I am, not KU.   Since I feel I know my cycle pretty well, I think it is healthier for me right now to just chill the eff out and not give myself extra work and extra fodder for over analysis.   So I'm maintaining my best "it happens when it happens" mode.  So far it has been very relaxing.  We'll see how it goes.

Recently I've been making not as many as I thought I'd have made by now a ton of cards for this craft show I'm doing in a week.   I hope it goes well!  I also canned some of my special adults only cranberry sauce and hope to entice some people to buy that too.  It's been nice having this goal to work towards.  I'd really like to open an Etsy shop for my cards.  Maybe.   
  
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend and gets some good shopping/snooze/family time in! 

Now it's on to....Christmas season...?  Aah! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm relatively new to running, but since it seriously came into my life about two years ago I've decided that it's something that's good for the soul. Like tea :)

    I would love to run with the husband, but I also find it to be a nice, relaxing time to be alone with my own thoughts. Although, sometimes that gets out of hand.

    ReplyDelete