Monday, November 26, 2012

old habits die hard



So after writing about how I was perfectly fine not charting in any way this month, like a gluten-free wannabe in a bakery, I had a little Fertility Friend binge fest this afternoon.  As I was driving to Trader Joe's, somewhere between wondering if they have banana peppers and if I have time to pass one more car before my turn off, it occurred to me: all that info I have been entering (since May 2011) to help FF predict my cycle needs to be fed, like a little houseplant.  In all honesty, I doubt it would matter much if one cycle had no data, but I just.couldn't.risk it.  So when I got to the parking lot I opened up my trusty app and entered in ~5 days of CM and sex data (including one double whammy day, woohoo).  I felt a little wellspring of happiness to see the predicted O date match up with what I was thinking.  

  • half of me:  SEE!  IT'S NOT ALL FOR NOTHING.  FF predicted my O date to exactly when I am pretty sure I O'd.  If I didn't enter this info in WHO KNOWS what it might predict next month?!    
  • other half:  You are sick.  This is a sickness.  You didn't even temp, this is not important.  AND, you parked in a 30 minute spot.  You're wasting valuable shopping time.   
  • 1st half:  STFU.  I have data to enter.   THIS IS SCIENCE!!!

Now I am dying to half pondering entering in a fake OPK so I can look at CH's, and those very meaningful little scores FF gives you for your timing.  But since I know it's meaningless, I won't go that far.  Maybe.  Next thing you know I'll be back to cataloging all my phantom symptoms and making up new categories.  

Also, I may or may not have picked up a whole pineapple while I was at Trader Joe's.  And I will probably continue to put the core at the bottom of the bowl so DH doesn't eat it all before me.   It's okay though, because my neurosis is not getting in the way of every day life.  Yet.       


No comments:

Post a Comment