Friday, December 7, 2012

For Xmas DH is getting...

a pee stick!  haha.  

Please bear with me, because I've been up since an unholy hour and may not be communicating too clearly!

Last night was pretty special.  I managed to keep my mouth shut and not act too excited until after dinner and dessert, which was tough because he didn't get home until 7:30!  Then I told DH I had an early Xmas present for him and gave him the special box (right as Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da started playing :).  He was expecting a wallet or something but then opened it and...voila! 


As laid back as he is, he was definitely excited.  He picked up the stick and looked it all over.  Then he got a huge grin on his face and said "So, this is for real, right?  This is official?"  then he started joking...  "I don't have to pee on this too or something, do I?" and while we were hugging, "Yay!  This means you're not getting your period for nine months!"   (ie: more sex for him)  and "Let's go make another!"  LOL.  Then we had a toast with sparkling apple cider.  

He said he had a good feeling about this month.  Maybe that's because I ovulated right around Thanksgiving so he was home a lot for extra humping.  I think he's just very intuitive.  And sweet.  I'm so glad he's back now!  It's going to be hard to leave Sunday, but it's just a couple weeks and it's a good thing I'm going home now.

Our dear family friend is terminal with cancer, and she is hoping to make it through Xmas.  She is like a grandmother to me.  So it will be good to see her and share this news with her!  I'm trying to come up with a cute way to tell her, I'm thinking it might be extra special if I could tell her and my parents all at the same time.  I don't think I want to be flashing around more pee sticks though.  My next idea was a baby picture frame in a box, but she won't be here to fill it.  Any ideas?  A little onesie or something?  Just tell them and stop trying to be cute/creative?

Also, the lines are getting darker!  



  

 



On the left is from CD25, about 10 DPO.  On the right is from today, CD28, about 13 DPO.   I still haven't heard anything form the Dr but it's not yet noon here.  I am feeling reassured right now, but hope I don't have to wait the whole weekend!  

Thank you to everyone for all the positive vibes and good wishes!  It really means a lot.  Now I am going to take a nap I think.  :)

2 comments:

  1. ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes onnnnn... Love it! We listen to that song at full blast in my house!

    So So So Happy for you! Come on baby, stick stick! Pretty lines btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! What good timing to make it an early Christmas present. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete