Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Good news

My results came in! I had to call again, the lab was dragging its feet. Last Wednesday my HCG and progesterone were w/in normal range!  My HCG was 21 and my progesterone was 21.5. Since it was so early i think those numbers are great.  The lines have been getting darker and I haven't had any spotting, so I think everything is on track! My PCM Dr didn't think there was any need for me to do another draw (TBH she didn't recommend the first one either), so guess I have to just sit back and let nature do her thing now. Maybe when I have my first OB appointment they'll check then? I dunno. As soon as my referral goes through I'll get on scheduling an OB. 

 I tested again today and have decided FRER and I can be friends (except I still think wondfos are way better).  I'm thinking maybe I can dial down the worry level now.  If we ever go for #2, I think I might avoid testing before AF.  Curiosity gave the cat an anxiety case and it's just not worth it.    

Today I told another dear friend the good news.  She has been cutting my Mom's hair since forever, and mine too. She was cutting my Mom's hair when she was pregnant with me. She gave me my first haircut and did my hair for my wedding. I showed her a picture of the digi and she said "WE ARE?????!!!!!" She was so excited and started crying. She has already claimed dibs on the baby's first haircut. ;)

Our friend D who is so sick had a MUCH BETTER day today! She started taking some pain medicine, and it is helping. It was such a relief to see her with more energy, and even moving around some! Seriously, what a blessing medicine can be, and hospice.

So after some tasty gumbo for lunch, and a 4 mile run this evening, this has been a truly stellar day with lots of good news.  I am so grateful for it. :)  I am feeling better perspective today.  





2 comments: