Friday, December 21, 2012

Travel agent

Things here are ok. I got to see D today, she is not really there anymore. It's been difficult. At least she's getting good care and is relatively comfortable, and her family is in town now.

Still spotting a small amount of brown and/or pink. The good thing is I have found what seems to be a great OBGYN practice back home. They are being so helpful even though I'm not even in town!

The phone nurse spoke to the Dr and ordered me an Rx of prometrium, and they want me to check in with them when I get back. She agreed with the ER nurse: pelvic rest, no more than 30" on my feet, normal activity, nothing strenuous. I have my first appointment with the OB January 8th. They also have doctors and nurses on call throughout the holiday if I have any issues.

Our holiday travel was supposed to include another flight up to see DH's family. I've been on the fence about whether to go. Today DH said to me that he thought it was already decided I wouldn't go. So I guess I'll be rearranging our flights. DH will visit them by himself, then fly back here to help me fly home with our fur baby. :/

I don't know if I'm being overly cautious or not. Part of me thinks I should just suck it up and go. I do know that I'm drained, travel is tiring, these are not short flights, and visiting them is not conducive to rest. If God forbid something did happen, that would be one of the worst possible scenarios.

This is also a tad complicated by our desire to keep the pregnancy quiet to DH's family until after 1st Tri. Now we are probably just going to tell them and hope for the best. I hope we can maintain the boundaries we have been working on...

Also, FIL generously paid for part of our ticket, partially to make up for not visiting us after DH's homecoming.  So I don't know how to handle that and I feel bad. I don't want to disappoint them and I hate owing money. I guess we'll just see what they want to do.

What a mess!  I wanted to be active during this pregnancy, keep running, keep up my schedule. I know spotting can be normal, I'm just trying to follow my gut and the doctors orders. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. I hope that after my u/s on the 8th everything checks out. That's not very far off.  I just need to count my blessings and put it in God's hands.  And tomorrow I'll be 6 weeks, and DH will be here!


No comments:

Post a Comment