Saturday, December 8, 2012

I'm leavin, on a jet plane...

Tomorrow begins my season of holiday travel.  Part of me is not ready to leave yet!  DH has to go to the field for more training, so I'm flying home early.  Then in 2 weeks he'll meet me there.   It seemed like a good plan at the time...

Anyways, I think I have figured out how I will tell my folks!  I found this ornament today at Pottery Barn Kids:


It says "BABY" and is dangling from a pretty little red velvet ribbon.  I happened to have some glittery 3-D number stickers that are similar to the letters.  The block has two blank sides, so on the top I put an "8" for August, and on the bottom a "13" for 2013.   I made two: one for my folks and one for D.  I think they are pretty cute!

My plan is to wrap them up and give them as an early Xmas present.  Or say, "I got an ornament for your tree!"  Something like that. 
It would be cool if I could tell all three of them at once, I think it would make it more special for D.   I'm not sure how that's going to work...but I'll figure something out.  

Part of me thinks this is all a bit silly, like I should just tell them and be done with it!  But...then the other part of me tells that half to STFU.  ;)




2 comments: