Monday, December 17, 2012

Bene Gesserit training?

In Frank Herbert's novel Dune, the Bene Gesserits are an order of highly trained super space witches with all sorts of kick-arse telepathic powers (including choosing when they conceive and the sex of the baby). One of their mantras "Fear is the mind-killer," basically means when you're afraid you can't think straight. It comes up often in the book, and I am thinking of it now half-jokingly.

Sci-fi aside, when sleep-deprived, I am more likely to be overly emotional (yes, this worries me as far as babies are concerned). After staying at D's last night and getting up before 5 to help out, I am alternating between mess and zombie.

Therefore, I am not well-equipped to deal with the small amount of spotting I had today. It was so small I should forget about it, but it is unpleasantly familiar, and combined with cramps, bothersome. But I know it's not worth getting worked up over.

I called my Dr, she said if it has stopped then to just take it easy and wait and see. Since I'm out of town, my other option is the ER if it comes back, or if I'd just like to go to be monitored. I don't think it will come to that...

Maybe I can just think about this tomorrow, à la Scarlet. Or ideally not at all, à la...Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates.


No comments:

Post a Comment