Wednesday, December 5, 2012

When the cat's away...

...the mice will buy extraneous amounts of HPT's and nail polish!   But I had coupons for both and everything was on sale so it's ok, right?   ha ha ha

My brain is on overdrive.  I actually practiced today, and that helped.  I'm thinking maybe I will set some goals to commit to learning some pieces I've mostly only been working on intermittently.  I think it would help keep my mind calm.  This is one of the pieces I've been working on, but it will never sound like this:     


 
It just occurred to me today that there is no time like the present to learn this music.  If you listen to it, my favorite moment occurs a little after 18."  

Since my brain has been on overdrive (hello novella post, sorry this is so long), I went to see Breaking Dawn.  What better way to quiet the mind than with vampire melodrama?  There is No better way.  So I made a giant container of popcorn (because I am cool like that) and stuffed my movie/traveling purse full of goodies and went to watch Edward and Bella fly around and stuff.  It was fun.   

Observe nail polish coupon ... really I SAVED $ by not buying the nail polish at Target.
So I went to two doctors today: I saw the eye doctor for a 6 month lasik f/u (my eyes are perfect now, sweet), and then my PCM.  At the eye doctor I felt like a big dork asking him if the anesthetic drops he was about to put in my eyes were safe for KU folk.  This is how I ended up telling my optometrist I am KU before my hubby.  Haha. 

On to the next appointment.  I'm so glad they could see me so soon!  I saved my pee for almost 5 hours, thinking my PCM would have me do a urine test like last time.  Nope!  Just as well, it probably wouldn't have shown up anyways.    

My PCM is really sweet, and she is actually KU herself.  She is due in January but looks to me like she is due any day.  I told her I was concerned about my HCG and progesterone levels, and would like to get a quantitative blood test.  She said in her sweet, laid back/calming way, that it wasn't really necessary, that technically they don't test until after your 3rd loss (hope that day never comes!) and also that if I did need progesterone, she can't Rx it since she's not an OB.  But she was totally fine with me getting the tests anyway.  So that's what I did.  I don't know if it was a different process than just getting HCG tested like I've done before, but the lab lady took at least like 87 4 vials of blood.  :/  Hopefully everything is on track.  I should get results maybe Friday?

PCM doc said it was a good sign that I was able to get pregnant again relatively quickly.
When I came home I could see the line on the FRER from this morning better, so that was encouraging somehow.   Tomorrow morning I'm busting out a digi.  I'm actually looking forward to getting up tomorrow.  :)  

It's been strange with DH not here.  I haven't talked to my Mom (we talk a lot) or anyone, at least not about this.  I'm so glad that I told the fab TTGP ladies.  Part of me didn't want to say anything because if I do have another loss it will just be sadness.  But it has been so wonderful to read everyone's kind supportive words and have some laughs too.  So thank you guys so much.  I PPH you to maximum levels.  





   

2 comments: